Dec 14, 2009

Movie Mondays!


Death Proof harkens back to the days when you could go to a drive-in and see a triple feature. It’s not high art and if that’s what you’re looking for, look elsewhere. Death Proof is more about B-movie goodness. If you love films and have an appreciation for schlock, you’ll enjoy this flick. Tarantino throws in lots of little kudos to movies of that era - I particularly liked one sequence he pulled from an early Steven Spielberg flick-Duel (you’ll know it when you see it, shot out the rear window with a car bearing down on the viewer). Lots of T and A, lots meandering dialogue and the kind of finish that comes straight from the 70s. Everything down to the intentional bad quality (streaks) on the print are done with loving care. I can hardly wait for MACHETE!

I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.

No comments: